Online Safety: For Kids
Learn to be SAFE on the Internet. You can learn and have fun on the internet, but you also need to be careful because it can be dangerous. Follow the Rules of Internet Safety to stay safe on the web.
- Talk to your parents about what you do on the Internet, and always get their permission before you use the Internet.
- Don't give out your personal information such as your age, phone number, address, school name, or passwords -- not even for gifts or prizes.
- Talk to your parents or an adult you trust about anything that you see on the Internet especially if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Remember, not everything on the Internet is the truth.
- Be cautious in chat rooms, many times people do not tell the truth about themselves, and can possibly be dangerous.