Canvas is UCFSD's Learning Management System or LMS. It’s an organizational framework for students to interact with teachers and courses, all in one place. Students can login to Canvas and see all their courses, assignments, announcements and a calendar. The Canvas Student app is also available for iOS and Android.
Canvas for Parents
Parents may sign up for a Canvas "Observer" account. Parents can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course. Parents may login to Canvas using a web browser or the Canvas Parent app, available for iOS and Android.
To sign up for a Parent Account:
- Visit the UCFSD Canvas page at ucfsd.instructure.com/login/canvas
- At the top of the login box, locate "Click Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account"
- You will need to provide your name, email address as well as the "pairing code" that your child will have to provide you from their account. They will find the code by going to Account >> Settings >> Pair With Observer. Click here if you need help finding the pairing code.
- Click Start Participating and follow the instructions
To add a child to your existing Parent Account:
- If you need to add additional students to your Parent account, go to Account >> Settings >> Observing.
- Click here if you need help with adding a student.
More Canvas Resources for Parents
- How do I edit my Profile?
- How do I view the Grades page for my child?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course as an observer?
- How do I link my account to ANOTHER child?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account as an observer?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Parent Pointers: Monitoring your Child's Learning with an Observer Account
- Check out the Canvas Observer Guide and the Canvas Video Guide