Canvas for Students
Canvas is UCFSD's Learning Management System or LMS. It’s an organizational framework for students to interact with teachers and courses, all in one place. Students can login to Canvas and see all their courses, assignments, announcements and a calendar. The Canvas Student app is also available for iOS and Android.
Students should see Mr. Walsh or Mr. Marshall if they do not know their password or are having difficulties logging in to PowerSchool. Students use their Campus name and password to login to Canvas.
Need more help? Visit the Patton Power Up Canvas Course!
Canvas for Parents
Parents may sign up for a Canvas "Observer" account. Parents (Observers) can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course. Parents may login to Canvas using a web browser or the Canvas Parent app, available for iOS and Android.
To sign up for a Parent Account from the website:
- Visit the UCFSD Canvas page at ucfsd.instructure.com
- At the top of the login box, locate "Click Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account"
- You will need to provide your name, email address as well as the "pairing code" that your child will have to provide you from their account. They will find the code by going to Account >> Settings >> Pair With Observer. Click here if you need help finding the pairing code.
- Click Start Participating and follow the instructions
- If you need to add additional students to your Parent account, go to Account >> Settings >> Observing. Click here if you need help with adding a student.
Need even more help? Contact John Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brian Marshall (email@example.com)